Before your appointment
- You will receive the appointment reminder 24 hrs prior to appointment via text or email. Please follow the attached link to the COVID Authorization forms and health survey. Please complete these forms prior to your appointment.
- Please bring a mask to your appointment. If you are unable to do so, one will be provided for you.
- Please call the office at 706-868-7155 when you arrive in the parking lot. As you remain in your car, we will begin your appointment process by conducting a pre-entry medical screening with you over the phone.
During your appointment
- Once your room is available, you will receive a call to let you know our staff member/screener has opened the back door and is available to greet you. We ask anyone who accompanies the patient to please wait in the car to decrease the number of people in the office. If a parent needs to come in for emotional support, we ask that you please wear a face cover.
- At the back door we will have our concierge/screener take the patient’s temperature using a digital forehead thermometer and we will also check patient’s oxygen level before beginning treatment.
- All staff members will be wearing proper PPE.
- We have made changes to our office for entry through the back door and exit through the front door to aid in distancing between patients.
After your appointment
- Our staff member will escort you to the front office, providing a relatively touch-less checkout.
- We will take care of payments over the phone upon arrival and will offer your receipt via email. Any added treatment will be authorized and a new receipt emailed.
- Please submit any required forms electronically, including all insurance coverage information that may have changed since your last visit. If your insurance cannot be verified in advance of your appointment, we will ask you to pay in full at time of service and we will file for your reimbursement from your insurance company.
We value your trust in us. We understand your decision to visit us is personal and many factors are involved. Please know that we remain committed to the importance of your dental healthcare, comfort and safety. We will continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, and will communicate further based on the expert advice of government departments, public health authorities, and healthcare professionals.
We promise to keep you updated through this situation, and we look forward to making you smile!
For further information:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html